- Endeavour to properly conduct, improve, extend and develop the business and affairs of the municipality.
- Accountable for the formation and development of an economical, effective, efficient and accountable administration that is equipped to carry out the task of implementing the Municipality’s Integrated Development Plan and Performance Management System in accordance with the Municipal Systems Act.
- Responsive to the needs of the community and the creation of a suitable environment to harness community participation responsive to the aspirations of a developmental local government.
- Contribute or create an environment responsive to economic development so as to aid in the sustainability of the municipality, its stakeholders and community.
- Compliance at all times with the legislative framework governing municipalities.
Description of the activity:
The management of the provision of services to the local community in a sustainable and equitable manner Appointment, management, effective utilization, training and discipline of staff inclusive of the promotion of sound labour relations and compliance with applicable labour legislation Advising the political structures and political office bearers and managing communications between the Municipality’s administration and its political structures and political office bearers, inclusive of executing the decisions of the political structures and political office bearers The administration and implementation of the Municipality’s by-laws and other legislated mandates inclusive of delegated powers as delegated in terms of the Municipal Systems Act The successful facilitation of dialogue by the local community in the affairs of the municipality and maintaining a system to assess service delivery As Accounting Officer, and in terms of the MFMA, is accountable for all income and expenditure, assets and the discharge of liabilities and the proper and diligent compliance with the MFMA.